View All Jobs Canada Post
Job Overviewis seeking a Grill Chef in Milton Keynes, England, United Kingdom. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested
The Manager, Regional Disability Management leads a team of specialists in the provision of broad planning and service delivery for all Disability Management policies and programs. These include short term disability (STD); Disability Insurance/Long-Term Disability (DI/LTD); Return to Work (RTW) and accommodation processes for employees with complex occupational or non-occupational illness and/or injury and the management of escalated workers’ compensation claims.
Ensures compliance to relevant legislation and processes, corporate policies and procedures. Monitors area performance and oversees the development of action plans to meet or exceed performance targets. Identifies trends, problems and issues and makes recommendations for improvements to corporate policy owners. Maintains relationships with internal and external stakeholders with the objective of improving the employee’s experience, and protecting the corporation’s interests and assets.
- Oversees the management of WCB claims, ensures policy and practices are adhered to and are in compliance with corporate policies and procedures, WCB legislation and other related laws.
- Acts as regional consultant on policies and processes, the delivery of the DM and STD, DI/LTD programs, RTW/accommodation processes and legislation applicable to DM (WCB, Human Rights, Labour Code, etc). Provides advice and guidance to clients, stakeholders and policy owners on the delivery of the programs, procedures and practices.
- Monitors the effectiveness and efficiency of WCB, RTW, DM, STD, DI/LTD programs and absence management processes, procedures, systems and tools; influences and makes recommendations for continuous improvement to the corporate policy owners; develops synergies and collaborates with other regionally-based functional areas to ensure integration and consistency of processes and procedures. Supports and influences the development of regional initiatives targeted at health promotion.
- Analyzes and monitors regional performance and trends on absenteeism, injury/illness (occupational and non-occupational), the DM, STD, DI/LTD Programs and the RTW/accommodation processes; conducts root cause analysis on current performance and develops action plans that will enable the regional management team to achieve their performance targets.
- Provides guidance, support and direction to team of specialists, business leaders, HR Business Partners, clients and stakeholders towards providing successful delivery of all disability management policies and programs, including return to work and accommodation processes.
- Creates a climate such that staff are motivated and committed to the function’s mandate and objectives. Embodies and promotes the Corporate Leadership Behaviours and Values; and practices the leadership habits when dealing with all stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Designation and or certifications programs may be required for certain positions (e.g. Finance & Engineering)
- 2 or more years’ experience managing people
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills and competent with Microsoft Office programs
- One or more years of experience in a unionized environment an asset
- 3 to 5 years of relevant functional experience
- Sound organizational, analytical, judgement and decision-making skills with proven abilities in problem solving
- Completed post-secondary, preferably in a related field OR a combination of equivalent professional experience and training
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to build and maintain relationships
- Excellent team building and leadership skills and experience
Company: Canada Post
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Surrey, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A