View All Jobs Thermo Fisher Scientific
is currently hiring on a vacant job post of based in Please read the job detail carefully before applying.
Published on: canadajobz.online
Performs duties relating to the cutting, preparation, display, and selling of meat products. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory duties required in the department.
- Monitors and assists in preventing spoilage.
- Mentors and supports assigned Meat Cutter Trainee(s).
- Maintains sampling program.
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive selling techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and courteously.
- Prepares specialty meat merchandise (i.e. sausage, oven ready products, and cured meats).
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and merchandising product.
- Cuts, platters, and merchandises products (beef, pork, lamb, veal, poultry).
- Maintains, or ensures maintenance of, a clean and sanitary working and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance with WFM cleanliness and safety standards.
- Checks product to make sure it meets WFM quality standards.
- Immediately reports safety hazards and violations.
- Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices.
- Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures accuracy of signs and pricing.
- Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required trainings and meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional, or national leadersh.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling.
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness.
- Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods Market.
- Exposure to temperatures: <32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezing), 32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), >90 degrees
- Excellent cutting skills with the ability to bread product down into sub-primal and retail cuts.
- Capable of accessing information about market conditions and communicating this information to customers.
- Extensive knowledge of different cuts and cooking techniques of meat and seafood.
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time management and organization skills.
- Ability to handle knives and other cutting equipment.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency.
- Understanding of and compliance with WFM quality goals.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters, electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting and reaching.
- 14+ months retail experience.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
- Working understanding of Meat team processes and procedures.
- Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Mississauga, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A