View All Jobs Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC)
Job Overviewis currently hiring on a vacant job post ofbased inPlease read the job detail carefully before applying
Join the Research Team, where we accelerate housing affordability through evidence-based policy, research and disruptive innovation. You will plan, manage and conduct specific research, modeling, projection, and housing data and indicator development initiatives to achieve CMHC overall goals and 2030 aspiration.You will provide subject matter expertise to management and contribute to the development and deployment of national policies, strategies, programs, and standards designed to measure and improve housing and living conditions.
- Reviewing housing research literature/publications to ensure that CMHC is well informed about current and emerging housing-related trends, issues, challenges, and opportunities
- Developing reports, documents, briefing material, correspondence and memoranda for management and the Minister on related housing trends and issues.
- Scanning the environment, consulting with clients and stakeholders, and participating in conferences and committees, and working groups to identify prospective research, modeling, projection, and housing data and indicator development projects and programs of work.
- Developing and recommending high impact research, modeling, projection, and housing data and indicator development projects, developing business cases, and identifying budget requirements and partnership opportunities.
- Conducting research and analysis using appropriate methodologies, quantitative and statistical analysis, to assess and address complex housing issues and challenges, analyzing and forecasting trends, developing housing data and indicators, and providing facts, evidence and conclusions to support internal and external decision making.
- Developing detailed project objectives, scope, and deliverables; determining the expertise and the resources required to deliver the final products.
- Working knowledge of social, economic and political trends, factors and issues that affect the work area, including housing policies and issues and of the government policy development process.
- Excellent organization and time management skills enabling the balancing of workloads and the prioritization of requests to meet deadlines with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in research, accessing and using microdata, statistical techniques, data development, methodological approaches, and quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Highly developed methodological, analytical, creative, and conceptual skills in order to plan business objectives and strategic direction.
- A ‘’can do’’ mindset with the desire to work collaboratively to deliver results that have a positive impact on the team, business unit and/or corporation.
- An ability to engage and influence others to achieve higher performance and have greater impact.
- Postgraduate degree in economics, finance, statistics or an appropriate, related field and a minimum of one (1) year of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Company: Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, CA
Application Deadline: N/A