View All Jobs Fisheries and Oceans Canada
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
A Team Leader is expected to provide advice and recommendations related to environmental science, land use, watershed planning, impact assessment, habitat assessment and other scientific assessments related to the Fisheries Act, Species at Risk Act, Oceans Act and other departmental regulations to achieve the goals and objectives of the operational program. The Team Leader will be responsible for managing a team of biologists and/or data managers, leading or facilitating the provision of policy advice related to Aboriginal consultations, the aquatic species at risk list, oceans management and the protection of fish and fish habitat.
- Post-graduate degree from a recognized university in aquatic or biological sciences or natural resources with a specialization in a field relevant to the position.
- Work experience managing human resources such as determining recruitment needs and participating in staffing processes.
- Work experience in analyzing complex** scientific information and providing advice for decision-making purposes.
- Graduation with a degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in a natural, physical or applied science with specialization in a field relevant to the duties of the position.
- Work experience in managing financial and material resources.
Company: Fisheries and Oceans Canada
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Moncton, New Brunswick, CA
Application Deadline: N/A