View All Jobs Ganotec
is currently hiring on a vacant job post of based in Please read the job detail carefully before applying.
Published on: canadajobz.online
As a Superintendent, you will be exposed to a variety of field activities in order to develop your understanding of construction supervision. At the beginning, you can expect to spend time learning and working on shop drawings, submittals, schedules, craft supervision, and project documentation. While learning these things you will have the opportunity to travel the country building complex projects that make a profound impact on communities. We are looking for people committed to the construction industry and not design.
This position is based out in Ontario. One of the many things that makes Kiewit’s culture unique is that we go where the work is, which exposes your career to abundant opportunities. We relocate our teams based on the work that is available, combined with the development plans, skill sets and career goals of each team member. This means your Kiewit adventure is custom-designed to meet our shared needs.
- Resolve employee conflicts, grievances, and scheduling difficulties, informing project and corporate management as appropriate
- Coordinate and interface effectively with other superintendents and subcontractors, as well as Kiewit staff personnel and leadership to ensure smooth workflow and schedule adherence
- Provide supervisory direction of craft workers via the general foreman and foreman, managing the performance of productivity, safety, quality and schedule adherence
- Assist in schedule planning, determining craft labor levels, material quantities, and equipment requirements
- Liaison between field engineering and craft to ensure compliance of construction drawings and specifications
- Ensure project rules, procedures and programs are followed consistently, including those involving safety, attendance, and workplace behavior standards as reflected in Company’s non-harassment and nondiscrimination policies
- 5-10 years’ work experience in construction, with at least 3+ years in a supervisory role
- Experience managing a team of 10 to 50 electricians an asset
- Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently supervise and evaluate craft performance
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
- Strong work ethic, willingness to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
- Ability to travel and relocate as needed
- Experience in Rail/Track/LRT and Excavation preferred
- Advanced knowledge of various construction disciplines, union agreements and jurisdictional issues, safety regulations, scheduling, cost control, engineering drawings, and other documents
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ottawa, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A