View All Jobs Dexterra
is currently hiring on a vacant job post of based in Please read the job detail carefully before applying.
Published on: canadajobz.online
Perform laser and package characterization tests, including RF / high speed electrical and optical tests, test system build and calibration for optical and electrical characterization (LIV, high-speed / pulse testing, WL, far field, beam quality).
- Support design integrated optical modules and subassemblies including laser, driver, sensor, and amplifiers etc., from concept, prototype, qualification to volume manufacturing for consumer, industrial, and automotive applications
- Perform TOF and Lidar subsystem performance and tradeoff evaluation, including transmitter (laser and driver circuits), receiver (sensor and amplifier circuits) test and optimization, depth measurements and characterizations
- Develop laser driver circuit and evaluation board reference designs for time of flight (TOF) and structure light applications.
- Work closely with PLM and FAE teams for customer technical support
- Data analysis, documentation and presentation of design and test data
- Design and develop 3D sensing laser and package test board, including schematic design, layout, high speed circuit simulation, PCBA build, bring up, and verification.
- BS degree with 10 years in electrical, optical or physical engineering. Experienced designer with master or PhD. in EE preferred.
- Knowledge of optics and optical testing is desirable.
- Experience with circuit design and simulation, PCB layout tools, such as Cadence, Spice, HFSS, ADS, CST simulation tools is a plus
- Strong analytic and data analysis skills via Excel, Minitab and/or JMP is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in PCB layout is desirable
- Experiences in high speed circuit simulation, design and test.
- Knowledge on TOF system design, design tradeoffs, experiences on Lidar or dTOF module or subsystem product development
- US citizenship or permanent residency allows greater program flexibility
- Familiarity with TOF components such as semiconductor lasers (VCSEL or Edge emitter), optical components (lens, diffuser, DOE, etc.), pulsed laser driving electronics, APD and SPAD sensors, and TIA receiving electronics components.
- Experience in conceptual design, product and component requirements definition, customer technical engagement, vendor interaction, sample prototyping, testing, and performance characterization
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ottawa, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A