View All Jobs Government of Nova Scotia
is currently hiring on a vacant job post of based in Please read the job detail carefully before applying.
As a Labour Standards Officer 3, you support the work of the Labour Standards Division by helping people understand and comply with our legislation. You help parties settle their disputes and you investigate and adjudicate complex complaints and recruiter licence and employer registration applications following applicable policies and procedures.
- You demonstrate strong attention to detail. You are flexible and adaptable, have excellent organizational and time management skills and proven experience effectively managing a busy caseload. You work well both independently and in a team environment, you have good interpersonal skills and can build productive relationships with others.
- You bring direct experience interpreting and applying legislation, regulations and/or policy. You have proven conflict resolution skills and experience conducting complex investigations in a fair, impartial and timely manner. You have strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills and do excellent written analytical work.
- To be successful in this role you have a bachelor’s degree plus 5 years of relevant experience. An acceptable combination of education and experience may be considered.
- You have strong communication skills and a proven ability to explain complex information in a way that people can easily understand. You have experience dealing with frustrated and upset individuals and can deescalate situations by seeking to understand others’ perspectives, showing empathy, and remaining calm and respectful. You clearly demonstrate an understanding of, and commitment to, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- While not required, it is an asset if you have a law degree.
- As well as being fluent in English, you are fluent in another language such as Spanish or French.
Company: Government of Nova Scotia
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A