View All Jobs Government of Nova Scotia
Job Overviewis seeking a Grill Chef in Milton Keynes, England, United Kingdom. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested
The Director of Programs is accountable for the design, delivery, management, and evaluation of immigration and settlement funding programs in Nova Scotia. As the Director you work collaboratively with senior leaders in other departments to identify new programs and initiatives that will further develop and strengthen opportunities in Nova Scotia which are aligned with the goals of the province.
The Director ensures programs operate in accordance with federal immigration law and regulations, reflecting provincial departmental legislation and policies, as well as objectives of the provincial population growth. As the Director you are also responsible for recommending and approving programs to senior leadership within the Department.
- Contribute to the effective operation of the department by managing program staff and financial resources such as hiring, staff training and performance planning; promoting diversity and a healthy workplace; promoting teamwork and individual communication; monitoring grants and contributions.
- Contribute to advancing labour market, economic and social objectives by developing and managing federal and provincial relationships, as well as relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders throughout the province.
- Contribute to meeting immigration retention objectives through the effective design, implementation, and management of settlement programs/services to help immigrants integrate within Nova Scotia’s communities, labour market and business sector.
- Contribute to increasing immigration levels through the effective development, promotion, marketing, and management of programs/activities that aim to attract, recruit and select immigrants to come to Nova Scotia.
- Contribute to the effective leadership of the department by providing communications advice to senior officials on immigration programs and services. This includes preparing briefing notes, reports, and Cabinet submission; contributing to business plans and accountability reports; serving as one of the office media spokespersons.
- The ability to make program decisions, in a complex legislative environment.
- The ability to foster strong collaborative relationships and networks with employees, and senior leaders across government.
- Demonstrated problem resolution skills.
- Demonstrated focus on improving the workplace by building a diverse workforce, providing growth opportunities for team members, and enabling autonomy and innovation.
- The ability to make informed decisions in accordance with federal law and regulations, while considering provincial departmental policies, as well as the objectives of the provincial immigration strategy.
Company: Government of Nova Scotia
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A