Province of Nova Scotia Jobs – Regional Education Advisor

View All Jobs Government of Nova Scotia

Government of Nova ScotiaProvince of Nova Scotia Jobs – Regional Education AdvisorHalifax, Nova Scotia, CAFull TimeGovernment of Nova ScotiaHalifax, Nova Scotia, CAFull Time

Job Overview


is currently hiring on a vacant job post of based in Please read the job detail carefully before applying.

Company Name:
Job Location:
Job Type:

Published on: canadajobz.online

Job Description:

The African Nova Scotian Regional Education Officer will dedicate 51% of their time in Digby regarding the Digby Settlement Agreement. The remaining 49% will be dedicated to provincial ANSREO duties, with a focus on African Nova Scotian students. The DEC is a community led educational committee that oversees the educational advancement and well-being of African Nova Scotian learners within the Digby area which includes the historic African Nova Scotian communities of Jordantown, Acaciaville and Conway. The DEC is responsible for the oversight of the Digby Family of Schools Settlement Agreement. Working with the DEC, responsibilities will include but are not limited to:

Job Responsibilities:

  • Lead regional professional development and work sessions for RCEs and/or CSAP
  • Potentially act as first point of contact in relation to grievances under the Teachers’ Provincial Agreement (TPA), including investigating, at the first stage, grievances under the TPA. The ANSREO may also chair provincial and local placement committees pursuant to the TPA.
  • Regularly work on issues that are high profile. Advise the Department of situations or incidents in individual regions that may be a cause for concern in the public domain.
  • Develop with appropriate service providers and regional centre for education staff programs including Africentric, for Black learners which inspire achievement and well-being
  • Access and gather on an ongoing basis, real time data (i.e., PowerSchool, TIENET, achievement and well-being, etc.) as to the education status of Black learners to engage in a comparative analysis of the perceived levels and the actual academic achievement level of Black learners, and developing and implementing recommendations from this data
  • Address regional educational issues, respond to direct enquiries and make referrals to appropriate staff at the RCEs/CSAP and within the Department.
  • Prepare briefing notes and responses to correspondence.
  • Provide leadership and support and effectively manage relationships with partners and stakeholders regionally and provincially to enhance the focus on education and eliminate the achievement gap (e.g., school improvement initiatives, school reviews, and school advisory councils). The
  • ANSREO is often called upon for interpretation of the Education Act.

Job Requirements:

  • Provided strategic advice to senior leaders.
  • Leadership competencies and a strong history of producing results.
  • In-depth understanding of the provincial education system.
  • Developed and successfully executed policies or programs based on evidential research.
  • Strong progressive strategic experience in senior leadership and management roles.
  • A proven track record in a senior management role within a large complex organization.

Job Details:

Company: Government of Nova Scotia

Vacancy Type: Full Time

Job Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, CA

Application Deadline: N/A

Apply Here

canadajobz.online

 Report Job
Government of Nova ScotiaProvince of Nova Scotia Jobs – Regional Education AdvisorHalifax, Nova Scotia, CAFull TimeGovernment of Nova ScotiaHalifax, Nova Scotia, CAFull Time