View All Jobs CIBC
is currently hiring on a vacant job post of based in Please read the job detail carefully before applying.
The Senior Counsel, Transactions will provide legal, transactional and strategic advice in connection with mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments, reorganizations and other transactions that are strategically important to CIBC and our clients.
- Business Mindset: You’ll seek pragmatic solutions to issues, and actively manage external legal spend. You’ll apply your excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities to the job at hand.
- Leadership: You’ll take a leadership role in the evaluation, negotiation and execution of strategic transactions and initiatives.
- Judgment & Collaboration: You’ll utilize strong independent judgment, broad-based legal knowledge, and a high level of professionalism in working with teams across CIBC, including our executive and senior leadership, to efficiently execute complex and time-sensitive projects while mitigating potential legal risks. You’ll create and foster partnerships and relationships across CIBC by facilitating open communication, and by anticipating client, business and shareholder needs.
- You act like an owner. You thrive when you’re empowered to take the lead, go above and beyond, and deliver results.
- You’re a certified professional. The successful candidate must have been called to the Bar in Ontario. You have 7+ years experience in business law, including extensive experience in M&A.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork and accountability.
- You look beyond the moment. You make decisions and take actions that will make a difference today and tomorrow. You proactively seek new opportunities to define what’s possible.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A