View All Jobs Lafarge Canada
is currently hiring on a vacant job post of based in Please read the job detail carefully before applying.
Published on: canadajobz.online
The Land Manager is responsible for achieving maximum value for Lafarge through the optimal utilization of land and resource assets from acquisition to divestiture, and managing the land resources necessary to support continued and expanded operations.
Understand, demonstrate and promote Lafarge’s safety culture through employee engagement and implementation of local and country health and safety objectives. Champion local and county safety initiatives, and work safely at all times.
- Support area teams in the planning, coordination and implementation of progressive stripping and rehabilitation plans that meet long-term objectives and are compliant with site plans and mining plans.
- Assist Land Director & GMs in the development of strategic analysis and reserve replenishment strategies for key market areas.
- Review federal, provincial and local legislation, regulations and guidelines, and local planning applications, and provide formal written response.
- Manage and monitor all land related costs and communicate to area teams in a timely manner.
- Develop annual budgets, and manage Land capital projects.
- Manage real property tax for land assets, including reviewing and appealing assessments where required.
- Manage the development of direct reports as assigned by Land Director.
- Manage, in close coordination with the Land Director & GM’s, the process of identifying and divesting surplus land with the intent of maximizing value to Lafarge.
- Assist the Mining Plan Manager in the development of Mining Plans to ensure reserve optimization and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Manage special projects on an as-needed basis as identified by the Land Director.
- Develop and implement plans for the optimization of land assets.
- Experience in project management, including preparing requests for proposals, preparing and managing projects budgets, managing consultant services, and maintaining project schedules.
- Experience working on land use planning approvals projects, including agency and stakeholder relations, and giving public presentations to a variety of audiences.
- 3-5 years of work history in the management of land related activities, including experience in land use planning and/or resource management, preferably in the construction materials industry or similar industry
- Knowledge of and experience in interpreting rules, laws, agreements, and contracts related to property issues, real estate matters, building & zoning, and associated land management issues.
- Relevant Post-Secondary education in engineering, land use planning, landscape architecture, geography, geology or similar field, and/or equivalent experience
Company: Lafarge Canada
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ottawa, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A