View All Jobs Sheridan College
is currently hiring on a vacant job post of based in Please read the job detail carefully before applying.
The Associate Registrar, Student Financial Services will focus on the strategic alignment of financial assistance and services as it relates to recruitment, enrolment, and retention. The incumbent partners with colleagues in Advancement and Finance and seeks opportunities to reduce and eliminate the financial barriers students face in accessing a post-secondary education. This role has responsibility for all aspects related to student financial assistance and student accounts, ensuring policies, processes and controls are properly designed, always implemented, and followed at all times.
The incumbent works to support the implementation of new policies and procedures and recommends improvements for the effectiveness and efficiency to support the student experience adhering to legislative guidelines for student fees, financial aid, and awards. Collaboratively engaging with key internal and external stakeholders, the incumbent is responsible for ensuring Strategic Enrolment Management including leadership of management and staff at all campus locations within the portfolio.
The Associate Registrar is responsible to ensure the accounting treatment for all activities are in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and all other regulatory requirements. The incumbent is also responsible for ensuring that all financial assistance programs available at the College adhere to applicable federal and provincial rules and regulations and international compliance measures as it relates to the US Student Loan Program.
- Knowledge of financial aid, student awards, student fees, accounts receivable, account reconciliation, and compliance.
- Demonstrated experience leading and implementing change including developing new strategies, policies, and procedures.
- The successful candidate will possess a master’s degree and 7 years progressive experience in post-secondary education or public sector including at least 3 years at a leadership level. (Equivalencies to be considered) Additional qualifications include:
- CPA designation is considered an asset
- Excellent leadership, strategic planning, and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to lead, strategize, motivate, empower, develop staff, prepare work plans, establish meaningful priorities, and maintain high quality of services.
Company: Sheridan College
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A